Thursday, September 23, 2010

What Can I Give To You?

So, it's Thursday.

Sunday, a mentor told me things would be happening over the next 6 weeks. He said just go with it, not to fight it. I knew it was from the Lord because it confirmed something God spoke to me in the past. It also stirred up questions in me, but a word of knowledge usually does.

Yesterday, my glasses broke.
About a month ago, the check engine light came on and went off... then came back on and went off... every day.
6 months ago, I was dreading April 15 because I knew I wasn't ready for taxes.

All this, on top of scaling back in pay and work as well as personal issues...

I still choose to say, "Blessed be your name". I still pick you, Jesus.

But I know I can give you; I just haven't yet.

You want my trust.
You want my time.
You want my heart.

Lord, I gave you my heart; I gave you my soul. I live for you alone.

You won't relent until you have it all; my heart is yours.

Seek first the kingdom of God and all His righteousness, then all things will be added to you.

Jehovah Jireh - the God who provides

You have my heart.
You have my trust.

What can I give to you? My time.

What kind of relationship flourishes when there's no time spent with each other? What kind of marriage is successful if one is always running after someone or something other than their mate? What kind of friendship lasts when those involved don't stop, listen, and talk? What kind of relationship does a daughter have with a father she never talks to, gleans advice from, clings to when she's happy or sad, or doesn't even bother getting to know?

"Be still, (insert name here) and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

When we give God the opportunity to be God by waiting, being still, spending time, listening, and loving, we see his hand move in our lives in ways we never thought possible.

He wants my time.

Take a minute and ask... what can I give to you?

Even better, ask Him this: What do you need to take from me so I can focus on you?
Ask, and then... let Him take it. He took away my security in financial things: car acting crazy, taxes due to the government, broken glasses, and less work. That's HUGE for me. I'm the one that never asks for help, never asks to borrow, and now I have to trust God to multiply my pennies.

But it got my attention, and that's what He wants. My attention, my time, my focus.

So, what does God need to take away from you?

No comments:

Post a Comment