Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Who am I?

This morning, Pastor Sheila asked us to describe who we are in the kingdom. She asked, "If I was going to pick fruit from you, what would it be?" Everyone bears fruit -whether a little or a lot, ripe or overripe or underdeveloped.

I called myself "the voice of reason". Others called it wisdom (uhh....). I know people come to me for counsel, and I pray I encourage them as well as assist them in processing and all that. I also have people in my life that, when they let me know what's up, if I feel hesitant or iffy about something, they're at least open to hearing it... sometimes.

Well, what happens when that voice... isn't able to speak?
I don't even know if that makes sense.

I hope the people in my life know that I truly love them dearly, and I don't want to offend or judge.

When do you move from "the voice of reason" to "control freak"? How much am I really willing to trust God to do?

I want you to see the truth. I want you to know there really is only one way to the Father. I haven't figured it all out. I don't want you to walk that road. I don't want you to even venture down that detour.

I don't have it all together, and I'm FAR from perfect. I'm not Jesus. I can't save you. I can't make you see, understand, live, or conceive. I can't control you, even though I want to. I can't dictate, mandate, require, or force.

I have to trust the precious Holy Spirit to speak to your heart, bring conviction, and speak truth.

I'm not always the vessel He chooses to use.

How much do I trust you, Father? Even when I see those I love heading toward destruction or leaning away from you? Is it my place to stop them or do I let go? Do I say something, or do I refrain?

You told me, "Go with it. Don't fight it."
So, Your kingdom come, Father, and Your will be done.

Those I love - I will continue to pray and will say what He wants me to say.

Am I the "voice of reason" or wise person others perceive me to be?

The best definition is not who you say you are, but how others define you.

Wisdom in this situation - trust the Father. He knows.

1 comment: