Monday, October 10, 2011

Life at 30

It's been some time since I've written here. It's actually been a while since I've been inspired to write about anything... and that is why this is such a big deal.

Don't be concerned - I'm not depressed or whatever. I've just become very complacent. Over the course of the year, I have let go of what is important to embrace what does not matter. I let lazy and shallow become adjectives that describe me instead of hard working and deep. I stopped pursuing life and all its craziness because I wanted things to be easy.

No sermons, no witty quips, and no thought provoking... thoughts. Just me, baring the lifeless drought in my soul.

2011 is almost over - do I dare to end serving the beat wine, or will I allow my flesh to rule over me for another day? Prayer is welcome at this time.

Life at 30 is very different for me on the inside. I imagined growth, promotion, and expansion. So, now, I choose to look at my life, examine it through the Holy Spirit, and ask myself, "are you willing to truly let go?"

My desire is the rest of my 30th year does not reflect these last few months. I'm lost, but His love hasn't given up yet.

They say life begins at 30 - I'm inclined to think they're right.

1 comment:

  1. Life at 30. I think it is true that at thirty (at least for me, nothing changed) BUT what I learned is when I get into that place, it is my choices that get me out of it! I know you have all it takes, and I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete