Thursday, December 5, 2013

Rough Night

It was a rough night.
I put up a fight, but it
Was dark v. light, and 
I tried with all my might
To be in the side of right, but
My might isn't as strong as the Light in my life, 
So this fight wasn't really mine. 
It was a lesson in trust, 
It is an absolute must
That I confess my lust for
Popularity,
Notoriety, 
Society calling out my name.
I want to fit and be seen, 
I want the flashes and big screens, and yet
That's not the life You planned for me. 
I slept but didn't,
I wanted to win it, 
The fight in my Spirit,
But I tossed and turned instead, wondering if this was really me or if it was somebody
Else going for broke.
Then I awoke, and You spoke
Softly
Gently
Firmly, 
Spoke to me to let me know
You carry me,
Never let me go 
Too far or stray off and away
You're walking with me today. 
The yearns of the heart - deceptive
The wants of the flesh - destructive
The will of my Father - divine and definite
It was a rough night,
A touch and go night,
A long and tough night,
But the Light won the fight because I surrendered my might 
And let My God be the stronghold of my life 
As my spirit cries out for the Living God, maker of heaven and earth, to be my
Best friend
Beginning and end
Lifeline that never bends
Comforter and keeper that sends
Peace, for He is the Prince,
Hope that will never flinch,
And drive that wince but persists under pressure. 
God, you are my God, and I will ever praise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment