Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Day 3 - Water, water, water!

Not a long entry tonight - tired doesn't even explain how I feel right now!

We went to a water park, and my body is waterlogged all over. I still feel like I'm in the wave pool, being tossed back and forth. I conquered a fear today - I rode a tube ride all by myself. It's kind of a big deal considering I don't rides basically at all. Well, bless God, Amen!

Today, I sat in this gorgeous indoor/outdoor spa, and my mind drifted away to thoughts I probably didn't need to have and probably could have kept locked away. Then, being in the wave pool, I was reminded of James 1 - "6 But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. 7 Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do." My thoughts were so divided between God and what I want; I had to let it go and give it to the Lord, taking them captive to the word. Then, physically, I was TOTALLY being tossed and blown about, but my Father in Heaven knows where my heart is, and it's wanting to follow His and His will "unto death, even death upon a cross". No longer will I live with divided loyalty.

Also, thanks to Emmy for the following: "6If we are distressed, it is for your comfort and salvation; if we are comforted, it is for your comfort, which produces in you patient endurance of the same sufferings we suffer. 7And our hope for you is firm, because we know that just as you share in our sufferings, so also you share in our comfort." (2 Cor 1) Sharing comfort is one thing, but sharing suffering is completely different. In praying for my friend from yesterday, then reading this scripture, now I know why my heart hurts for him. It's my place as his friend and sister in Christ. However, I also know that in sharing his suffering, God will let us share in His comforting love.

Water, water everywhere
In my ears and in my hair.
It's okay cuz God loves me,
And we're as happy as can be!

It's late - that's my excuse.

Love and peace to you. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. omg...I cannot effectively stalk you until I see Day 4!!! Are you still alive?
    "It's late - that's my excuse."
    *posted at 6:47PM.
    hmmmm.....;)

    "Sharing comfort is one thing, but sharing suffering is completely different."
    You know, I'm just kind of amazed at the massive amount of grace in your life, that God would lead you to help bear a burden like this. To pass on what Mommy & Daddy Velasco told me last night - "Be strong in the Lord and the strength of HIS might!"

    ReplyDelete